Monday, January 10, 2011

My new Normal

Well We have officially survived our first week of daycare! Unfortunately I think that he has already caught a case of the crud that is going around, poor guy :(. Just congested right now, but still in good spirits, he has actually smiled when he gets his nose sucked out!
Getting ready for a day is A LOT of work and starts the night before, washing bottles, packing both of us up, making coffee, making bottles, and taking a shower. Then I wake up around 5:15 get ready, pack up the rest of the things and load the car. Then I turn on Carson's light to help him wake up while I get my coffee and breakfast. Then at about 5:50 or so I wake him up and get him dressed. Then he eats and we play until about 6:45, we load up and drive the few blocks to his school. After I sign him in I rock him and put him down for his am nap (most days he sleeps, though he has stayed awake on a few occasions). Then I head to my car where the fun begins, I get myself ready to pump and drive to school at the same time, I look hot driving to school let me tell you ;). I pump again during lunch and I was pumping on the way home too, however he has gone a few days now where he only eats twice at daycare and then two more times when we get home which is wonderful, because it is such a special time. So we eat and play when we get home, then he usually lays down for 45min-1hr which is when I am cleaning bottles, eating dinner and preparing for the next day. He wakes up eats gets a bath and then reads a story with daddy. I can not tell you how much it makes me smile to hear him read to Carson, it is the sweetest thing. Then we put him in his Woombie and I rock him to sleep around 7:30. It makes for a very busy day but every time I look at his sweet face and think of our family I know it is all worth it!

3 comments:

  1. It sure makes for some wonderful Quality time.

    Love GiGi

    ReplyDelete
  2. So proud of both of you, and every moment is special in its own way. Enjoy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ditto to PapPaw's comment. I am SO PROUD, and all the hard work is worth every sacrifice. Hang in there; you are doing terrific! Love to you!

    ReplyDelete