Today in class we read a story about maps. Afterwords we drew maps of our rooms. I drew an example on the board using Carson's room, I drew his bed, closet, dresser, toys, rocking horse and book shelf and then I drew his books and said and this is where we keep his books. One of my little boys burst out "he can READ!" His face lit up in amazement :) I explained he could not read but we read to him!
Rebekah is looking forward to reading to Carson too :) She is a great reader!
ReplyDeleteAnd I want to teach Carson how to play Pooh Sticks.
ReplyDeleteOf course he's the most handsome, intelligent Halstead, so it wouldn't surprise his Grams if he started reading already. His Daddy, Auntie E and Uncle Dan could read Inside, Outside, Upside Down...all shortly after they learned to sit up by themselves! :-) All above average, of course! Then hey, look at their momma, too! He can't lose!
You sure are content to be read to. Is it the story line or the cuddling.
ReplyDeleteLove GiGi