Wednesday, June 16, 2010

On a Roll!

I have been in Missouri for only 5 days and we have gotten so much accomplished! I really don't know what we are going to do the second week I am here :) The first thing I did when I got here was go through ALL the things my mom has purchased for Carson. There were so many adorable outfits, toys, books and other must haves. Next was my baby shower, that was wonderful. My mom had everything blue, right down to the blue Margaritas (don't worry I had Sprite). Carson got some adorable things including two bathrobes, diapers, toys, a boppy, clothes and teeny tiny shoes! It was wonderful to see everyone and visit. Next stop was the fabric store to pick out fabric for Carson's bedding. After a very LONG 2 hours in the fabric store Sandy, my mom and I finally came to a decision. It of course did not come until I had almost changed the "original plan." Thankfully Sandy, my mom and an irritated Ben ;) pulled me back in! We got some amazing fabric picked out. I am so thankful that Sandy will be making his bedding and cover for the glider, she really is a one of a kind friend, and we are truly blessed to have her in our lives. The last two days have been spent shopping (big surprise I know) and we have found some great things for the little guy. I was also very excited to find the pacifiers I was looking for. I could not find them anywhere at home and found them in Springfield, MO of all places, go figure. They are supposed to be like the soothies, which is what they use at the hospital, and are highly recommended for breastfed babies, but they are smaller and have a place to hook a paci clip. They are called "Gumdrops" I bought original blue ones and orange ones that smell like vanilla! The plan for the rest of week is garage sailing and maybe a trip to the Tea Room, yum yum!











Cute shower decorations











I heard these were delicious!











Mommy and Me (wow I'm pale)

5 comments:

  1. I LOVE it!!!! Love the pics!!!so cute!!! I have a ton of gumdrops we never used...G ended up preferring the soothies...I wills en them to you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What do you mean "maybe" a trip to the tea room?!?! I WILL see you there tomorrow because our mudslides are waiting for us! Your Mom did a great job on the shower & the blue margaritas were wonderful(sorry you couldn't partake). I started Carson's bedding but you can't see it till it's all done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Always keep in mind that if you ever need anything Shell and I will probably have it and would love for another baby to get some use out of it. We are only a UPS delivery man away!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the train and the blocks. Just to cute!!
    You look great :) Glad you found the pacifiers you like. We tried them with Rebekah, but she preferred her thumb LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. glad you are having a good time with your mom

    ReplyDelete