Saturday, April 9, 2011

Our little eater

Carson is becoming a much "neater" eater. He is getting more food in his mouth than on his body! To date he has tried; bananas, rice, peaches, avocados, green beans, carrots, applesauce, pears, sweet potatoes, peas, and oatmeal. The only one he does NOT care for is avocados, I think part of this is my inability to pick out a good avocado. He has also started taking in more solid food. Last night I made some rice cereal and a 1 oz cube of green beans, he quickly gobbled that down and wanted more! So I made him another 1 oz cube of green beans, which he finished and was content. The night before that he ate an entire stage 1 jar of pears and rice cereal, he is becoming quite the little eater! With his growing appetite for solid food he has seemed to drop a nursing session taking us down to 4 time a day. This just seemed to be a coincidence, Thursday I had a dr. apt so we slept in and he woke up around 7. He ate and played till 8 ish and napped till 9:30. We visited school and ate again around 11, then at 3:30 at the dr.'s office. He fell asleep on the way home and when he woke up it was about the time we usually eat "real" food. So I decided to try and feed him big boy food without nursing first. Then we played for a little while and took and bath and he nursed before his bedtime story like normal. I was prepared for him to get up and eat agin, but he never made a peep! Friday, I had a shower after school so daddy picked him up, when I got home it was again "real" food time so we tried again giving him just solids and he did great. Today was our 3rd day with only 4 nursing sessions and 1 solid food meal. I think we will try to give him breakfast as well soon. Part of me is sad to drop a nursing session because it is such a special time, I can't believe our little guy is almost 1/2 a year old!

We have started using his highchair because he was so eager for the next bite his was doubling over in the bumbo! He also sat in a high chair for the first time today in a restaurant (with his floppy seat over it of course, mommy was still grossed out and has ordered a hook on highchair for future dinning out adventures!) He has also become a pro drinking from his straw sippy cup!
"Here mom let me show you how it's done!"
It is important to suck off the remaining food from your hands after "helping!"
and then to wash it down!

1 comment:

  1. I had to read the part about the shower a couple of times before I realized what kind of shower you were talking about. At first I thought you had to come home and take a shower. I was beginning to wonder if you were only showering once a week or something these days lol.

    ReplyDelete