Sunday, March 6, 2011

Horrible, Terrible, No Good, Very Bad Week!

Carson had a cold that started last weekend, and by Tuesday it had taken a turn for the worse. He had started wheezing and seemed to have a lot of congestion. When I talked to daycare Tuesday morning they said he wasn't doing any better and hadn't finished his morning bottle. That is when I knew something was definitly wrong, because he ALWAYS finishes his bottle. I called the Dr. and they said to bring him in right away, anything involving infants and breathing is taken very seriously. The Dr. gave him a breathing treatment which seemed to help, so we would continue the breathing treatments at home. At the pharmacy we found out the cost of the machine was not covered under insurance and they had frozen my medical debit card, due to a large transaction, also known as GIVING BIRTH, ding dongs, yes that is a large transaction! ARRRGGGHHH. Se we got our supplies and were on our way. Once we got home I dropped my phone in the toilet, we of course don't have a home phone so after I fed Carson we had to go to the AT&T store to activate an old phone. I of course am not an authorized user on the account, so the lady said "why don't you call your mom (the authorized user)?" Umm I don't know probably because I dropped my phone in the toilet! Finally after a lot of playing telephone and the lady putting me on hold with the wrong division of AT&T we got my old phone activated. That evening Carson seemed to be doing better, so Wednesday we both went to school. When I picked him up he seemed to be doing worse. That evening I called the nurse on call and they had me watch his chest and count his breaths, he started settling down and finally fell asleep for the night, the nurse just told me to watch him closely. I of course had already been sleeping in his room. Thursday when he woke up he still seemed to be breathing fast with short breaths so I packed him up and we were off tho the doctor minus an appointment, luckily we were the first ones there and they saw us right away. As soon as the nurse saw him she started moving very fast, I could tell she was concerned about his breathing. They gave us ANOTHER breathing treatment and a Rx for a baby Zpack. We were again on our way home. Ben had been out of town for the week and was supposed to be home that night but the store he was at was taking longer than anticipated so he had to stay an extra night. I know it was very hard for him to be away during such a hard time but he was so wonderful and patient with me and got lots of extra snuggles from Carson this weekend. Friday morning Carson's breathing was still not right, I called the Dr. and they of course wanted to see him right away, where the nurse again was very concerned about his breathing. She didn't even wait for a room to open up and had us go back to the break room, where she checked his oxygen, pulse and temp again. She puled Dr. Mcgehee from the patient he was seeing , and he had us go next door for chest X-Rays. Just a note that through all of this Carson was all smiles and wanting to "flirt", talk and play. The X -Rays looked good so we were told to continue with the antibiotic and breathing treatments. This weekend has been rough with very few naps and frequent night wakings. It is so hard because I want to do more to make him feel better. Ben is out of town this week again and Carson is still not 100%. We are going to keep him out of daycare for 2 more days (Dr. recommended) and hope that it helps. We would like to thank all of our wonderful family and friends for all of their love, support, encouraging words, food, and prayers. A big thank you to my mom who has been there every step of the way even 8 hours away!

Such a trooper during his breathing treatments! We let him watch "Baby Einstein" it is the only way we can keep him from trying to EAT his mask!
After the Albuterol he has a little extra energy!

3 comments:

  1. He is still the cutest little sick guy I have ever seen.Always smiling!Get Better!

    Love GiGi

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry he is not feeling well. Tell him to hurry up and get better. His GA family his coming for Auntie E's big day and we are looking forward to meeting him.

    Hang in there mom! Your doing a great job :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bless his precious heart! Praying for relief for him. GiGi is so right--he's a real trooper, and takes after his mommy and daddy!
    Love Grams

    ReplyDelete