Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Big Boy Firsts

I can't believe what a big boy Carson is! We have tried his straw sippy cup a few times now, he is still not too sure about it. Since it is a trainer cup we can squeeze it to make the water come out. He thinks this is very fun! He will bring the cup up to his mouth, all by himself, and wait for us to squeeze it then he makes a funny face and lets all the water run out of his mouth! He is so silly and usually sopping wet but he is getting really good at bringing the cup to his mouth and getting the straw in his mouth. Now when he sees his cup in the drying rack he will reach for it! We will keep trying and maybe eventually he might actually swallow some water ;) This evening we tried rice cereal! We had been thinking about trying it over Spring Break, and this morning at breakfast grandpa was letting him play with a spoon where he was very happy to put it in his mouth! So we figured we would give it a try! First off I tried rice cereal and it was DISGUSTING :( just an FYI! We are going to try our best to keep his diet organic, and I am going to try to make the majority of his food! So we started off tonight with organic whole grain rice cereal (which again was DISGUSTING!), mixed with breast milk. I fed him lim like normal at 5 pm and around 5:45 we tried the YUMMY cereal. He was very eager to try the first bite and was a little surprised at what was in his mouth, he continued to open his mouth for the next few bites, but then he was finished. We will continue with just the rice cereal for the next few days and then I think we will try bananas :)
Eager boy

Mmmmmm

hmmmm, what is this?

WHOA

3 comments:

  1. What a cool thing to be at his first 'solid' food try! He's such a trooper, and he is such a precious boy! I love him so much...

    ReplyDelete
  2. He certainly looks like an old pro at it. Won't be long now.

    Love GiGi

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks like you are going to have fun eating!! I wonder where you get that from (everybody from Grandpa to Daddy to Uncle Donovan to Pappaw)!!

    Love you can't wait to see you Saturday, Pappaw

    ReplyDelete