Wow I can't believe that 6 1/2 months have gone by. Carson is really growing now, and it seems like everyday when I look in the mirror I have gotten a little bit bigger! Ben is so funny because he says my belly button is "closing in" :) I went to the dr. today and had my glucose challenge test. Everyone kept warning me about the awful stuff you had to drink, I could have cared less about the drink it was the blood draw I was fretting. I had no trouble getting the drink down, I think it took me less than a minute! I had been preparing myself all week for having blood work done, I can definitly say I did MUCH better this time than the first. Ben was there and he held my hand, and I fought (really hard) and managed no tears, thats right I was a big girl (well almost). I was squeezing Ben's hand pretty hard and shaking, but hey no one had to hold my legs down this time and I even sat up in the chair, baby steps. Hopefully I pass the test and don't have to do the 3 hour test, o man I can't even bear the thought of that :(. Dr. Bradford said everything was looking good, and my weight gain was right on track (so funny to hear good and weight gain in the same sentence). We have picked the hospital we will deliver at as well as a pediatrician, next is signing up for classes. We were waiting to see which hospital we would use first. With all of that said it sounds like we are right on track, that is until I look up at my living room, which looks like a tornado went through it. I have so many projects going on and so much to organize I just don't feel like there are enough hours in the day. The worst part is feeling tired and knowing I need to rest, just so hard when there seems to be SO much to do! The nursery is under way, painting is done just have a few touch ups and then the painting of the dresser. The bedding that Sandy made turned out AMAZING and we love it. I just can't wait until it is all done.
Baby Development This Week: Carson is 14 inches long, the size of a hothouse cucumber, and weighs about a pound and 2/3. He is able to hear my voice as well as outside noise. He is practicing breathing and continue to put on baby fat :)
26 weeks (and a sneak peek of the nursery!)
The inside of the crib, lined with foil and tape! It is to deter Emma from jumping in, one day we are going to come home to find a VERY unhappy kitty.
"Homer" Carson's baseball rocker
What the heck is a hothouse cucumber? Is it any different from a normal cucumber? I am very confused! No wonder I don't cook!
ReplyDeletePodie told me this morning that you posted and she was VERY cofused over Carsons space age blanket!We were laughing so hard.Can not wait to see Sandys handiwork without the space age blanket.Love the blog keep them coming.
ReplyDeleteLove Mom
Amo I am so proud of you. Just keep being the big girl because soon you will have a little one that will be so impressionable.
ReplyDelete