Wednesday, July 28, 2010

7 months!

Wow I can't believe that I am already in my third trimester, just crazy. Well we are still working nonstop around the house and I can not say enough about how hard Ben has been working. He has painted something almost every weekend and if he is not painting he is putting something together, hanging something etc. Carson has a great dad :) It has been hard for me to be so dependent on him for so many things (I know hard to believe). He has always been the "handyman" but now I can't even spray paint, lift heavy things or change the litter box (not so sad about that one!). I know that doesn't sound like much but when I rely on him to complete every little project he becomes very busy :) He has been so great about it all and I am very thankful to have such a wonderful husband! My mom is on her way to Texas today and I am sure he will be glad because I am sure to pawn a few tasks off on her :) She will be here for a few weeks and I am so excited to see my mommy!

The biggest changes that I have noticed lately are that I get much more tired now from everyday tasks. I require more breaks, which makes getting things done even more difficult. I like instant gratification and I want it all done right now, so when I have to take a break between dusting and vacuuming I get a little annoyed. However as soon as I sit down Carson starts moving around like crazy and it brings the biggest smile to my face, and I am no longer annoyed. I am so thankful for everyday and just want a healthy baby!

Summer is coming to an end but there are still some good summer days left and I plan to make the most of them! My mom and I are sure to be very busy, and my baby shower is just around the corner, and I might even get time by the pool (that is if it's open ;)

Baby Development This Week: He weighs about 2 1/4 pounds, the size of a Chinese Cabbage, and is 14.8 inches long. He can blink his eyes that now have lashes. With his developing eyesight he can now sense light outside of the womb (Ben's example "it's like when you close you eyes and shine the flashlight at them" :)

2 comments:

  1. Yay for Debbie in town!!! That will be SO fun...I always get so excited to have my mom here so I know how you feel!!! HAVE lots of fun! (And shopping of course) Oh, and sit down every once in a while...Carson needs you to take it easy:) Btw, I would like to see more pics please. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The pool has been open! I even got Alan to go with me! Can you believe it? I can't wait to see you (and your mom) tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete