In other news more people at school are finding out and that has been fun. I haven't told my students yet and probably won't for a while but one of them already figured it out! I came into the office last week after school to find one of my parents waiting for me (none of them speak english so the office staff translates). She asked me if I was "expecting?" I said yes. She said that her son had been telling her that I had not been feeling well, probably because I was walking around with crackers and 7up and telling them Mrs. Halstead doesn't feel well please whisper :) and then she said "yea, and he said you used to be like this and she motioned her hand straight down and now you're like this and she motioned her hand to represent my growing belly!" It was so funny and we all got a good laugh, children really are smarter and more observant than we give them credit for sometimes. I really do have a wonderful job and sometimes when things are rough I can just look at their sweet faces and they make me smile!
Baby Development This Week: Baby is the size of a lime, just over 2 inches long and weighs 1/2 an ounce. Developing reflexes! Fingers are opening and closing, toes will curl, mouth begins making sucking movements. Face looks more "human like" Even though I cannot feel, if I prod my belly the baby will squirm in response!
So glad you updated! The story about the parent is funny, kids really are smart!
ReplyDeleteGlad I got to see you this weekend and thanks for helping with the invites!
PS I want to hang out with you and your mom this weekend! :]