So much to tell! We went to the dr. on Friday and we got to hear the heartbeat for the first time, it was amazing! We did not get to see the little peanut just hear. I was so glad to have Ben and my mom there with me. I could not sleep Thursday night I was anxious, nervous, excited and about 100 other emotions. The dr. said my weight gain was on track, which makes me feel good since I feel like I am always eating :) She told me I need to be eating more fish which I will work on but cooking is still really hard for me, and I am just not a big fish person, but I am going to try! My mom has been here since Thursday night and I have been so spoiled. She has made me numerous home cooked meals which have been amazing, I am going to be sad when she leaves tomorrow, I wish more than anything her and Paul (and Maggie and Gus) would move back to Texas! I miss my mommy :( After the dr. we spent the rest of the day shopping, and we spent the afternoon shopping today, but I wimped out early because I was tired. Of course my mom did not come empty handed she brought lots of goodies for me (birthday presents) and baby "H". I got LOTS of maternity clothes, a new blender, mandolin, serving ware, scrapbooking goodies and much more! Baby "H" got 2 snowsuits (as mentioned earlier, 1 pink and 1 blue), 2 swimming pools and a sprinkler beach ball, diapers, and a carseat snuggler. Don't worry Ben didn't get left out he got a dump truck wagon, something he could NOT live without ;) trust me he was VERY excited.
In other news I am officially in my second trimester! They say you have more energy, we'll see. We have 7 more weeks of school left and I am anxiously awaiting summer! I am going to need all the energy I can get because spring has sprung and my now 6 year olds are in rare form :) Our next appointment is May 21 and we will get to find out the sex!!! Then we are going to stay at the Gaylord for the weekend to celebrate our 3 year anniversary!
I can't believe how fast the time has gone, but I have a feeling that these 5 weeks will drag on and on. I am glad to be feeling much better, although cooking is still hard eating is not, my mom learned the hard way that you don't mention food around me or I will spend the next 3 hours talking about it. Ben is concerned that our baby might turn out to be "mexican" from all the mexican food I have been eating :)
Baby Development This Week: Baby is now the size of a lemon, 3 1/2 inches long and weighing in at 1 1/2 ounces. Baby can now squint, frown, grimace, pee, suck it's thumb and is now developing an ultra fine covering of downy like hair.
It is always nice to have your Mother cook for you especially when your pregnant. Wish I could of helped with all the cooking but not the shopping. Love you and miss you.
ReplyDeletePodie
When I was with Amity on the heartbeat Doctor visit I told her one of the biggest highlights In my life was when I heard her heartbeat for the very first time.Now I am elated and on cloud nine that I was there for my very first grandchilds heartbeat!
ReplyDeleteOh the Miracle of BIRTH!!!!
Love Mom