Well I am really nine weeks and 1 day today but close enough :) I had my first dr. apt on Thursday (March 11) Ben wasn't able to go with me me, but my wonderful friend Tracy came with me! This was the first time I met the dr. and I really liked her, she actually reminded me of the dr. I had back home. I read online that everyone liked her, but you usually had to wait for a while. Boy they weren't kidding. My apt was at 1 and we got there about 12:40 so I could fill out paperwork, and they didn't call me back until 1:55! They weighed me and asked me a bunch of routine questions, some took longer to answer than others due to the fact I forgot my calendar, thankfully Tracy had her I phone and we figured it all out :) then we waited for the dr. She asked me a few questions and then got right to what she called the "fun" part and I would agree, it was the ultrasound! She tried on my tummy first but couldn't get a great picture, so she did it vaginally. We could see the heartbeat, but it was still too early to hear it, Tracy got to push the "blue" button and take the first picture of baby H! It resembles a lima bean in the picture (I will try to post it this weekend). She talked to me about all the things I could and couldn't do, the most surprising was that I am not supposed to use hand sanitizer unless I ABSOLUTELY have to. She said it has a very high alcohol content and it is the same reason I am not aloud to drink alcohol. This won't be that hard for me because I prefer washing my hands any ways, I will just have to make sure I do it more often due to all the wonderful 5 and 6 year olds I spend my day with! At the end of the appointment they had to draw blood, this would qualify as my least favorite part. I am a huge wimp and terrified of needles, they made me lay down and it took 3 people! Tracy held my hand, and when the nurse in the hall heard me wailing she came in to try and help and then there was the tech that was actually doing the deed. All three of them reminded me this would be nothing compared to actual labor and that the sweet baby in the end would make it all worth it. Of course it never hurts as bad as I make it out to be but I still cry every time, (Tracy said we would have to work on this :)! I made my next appointment for April 16 which is the weekend that my mom will be here and Ben will get to go to this one too, I am very excited because the dr. said we will get to hear the heartbeat at that time! After the appointment we ate of course and then I bought a few maternity dresses and a skirt!
In other news I have told a few people at work, but not my principals, I will probably tell them when we get back from spring break. Which is something I am looking forward too! Nothing major planned just resting and catching up on house work but it will be nice to sleep in! I have had a hard time sleeping the last few nights, I think my mind is just racing and I have trouble falling back asleep.
We made (what I think is) our first purchase for baby H this weekend! My friends from work were having a garage sale and we got a brand new mattress and a cute bouncy seat! Poor Ben is loosing his music room quicker than we intended, but he is a good sport!
Baby Development This Week: Baby is now the size of a grape and the little embryo has now officially graduated to fetus- hood. With basic physical structures in place and increasingly distinct facial features, baby H is kind of
starting to look like... well a baby!
Oh Amity I am so happy for you and I do hope you are feeling better. We must work on the crying over a shot. Look the other way when you get a shot because they really do not hurt. Labor on the other hand might be a reason to shed a tear. Heck this is the reason they invented drugs. Love,
ReplyDeletePodie
Greetings from the proudest Grandma on earth!We love your blog and are really excited to follow the next chapter in you and Ben and Baby H's life.
ReplyDeleteCan not wait to get there and celebrate with you.Today I got your birthday presents out and ready for our trip.
See Ya Soon
Love mom