I wanted to write down some things about my first pregnancy before I forgot them:
1. At the beginning all I could think about was how horrible I felt, but now that seems like SO long ago.
2. I am thankful that Ben's work has been flexible and he has been able to come to a lot of my dr. appointments!
3. I am thankful for wonderful friends who have come to the dr. with me when Ben is unable to make it.
4. I love when Ben puts his hand on my belly and talks to Carson, it is so sweet.
5. I really have enjoyed pregnancy, I love rubbing my belly and thinking about the day we will meet him.
6. I like when other people touch my belly it reminds me how lucky I am.
7. I LOVE maternity clothes, stretchy clothes rock!
8. I think it's funny when he gets the hiccups :)
9. At this tim I still have ankles, no swelling (yet)!
10. I am NOT a big fan of the stretch marks, but don't mind them because I know they will be worth it!
11. I have no idea what to expect during labor, but I know that I will have the people I love with me and they will support me (or be kicked out!)
12. I am excited about becoming a mom and a family and pray for a healthy baby with 10 fingers and 10 toes
13. I love my dr. and very grateful of how fabulous she has been.
14. Ideally I would like MY dr. to deliver Carson, but I know it might not happen and and everything will be ok.
15. I am thankful for all the wonderful people in our lives who have supported us through this VERY exciting time!
I am sure there are other things, but these are all I could think of tonight. I wanted to write them down because I know that soon our lives are going to change and I didn't wanted to forget how lucky we are and how thankful I am to have had such a great pregnancy!
How beautiful to read your feelings, and you are going to be an awesome Mother.
ReplyDeleteLove you,
Aunt Podie
Amity,
ReplyDeleteThank you for sharing this journey with us all. Wish we where closer so we could spend more time together. But your blog helped us feel closer to you all.
One word of advice. Don't induce unless you really have to. I had to with Rebekah and it was not fun. You seem to be progressing along nicely on your own so I pray he keeps that up for you :)
Hugs from GA
Oh, don't forget to take your pillow to the hospital. It helps a lot to have your own pillow for comfort :)
We are so happy for you am!!! I think you have the right mindset....and I am so happy that you AND Carson are healthy, and I am praying for a very happy and healthy BIG day!!!
ReplyDeleteThat was truly beautiful!!! Cant wait to meet Carson.
ReplyDeleteLove Mom