Thursday, September 30, 2010

Dr. update

We went to the dr. on Tuesday and she said that everything was looking good. I was dilated a little more than a one (she would't commit to a two quite yet) and 90% effaced! She is estimating that he is about 7 pounds :) She told us that we would have to get our Tetanus shots, Ben can get his whenever and I will get mine after delivery at the hospital! Yea shots! They hadn't finished my maternity leave paperwork yet, so I mentioned that I hadn't told them when I was going to start my leave, she asked what I was thinking and I said my plan was the 11th. She turned around and and said "I don't think you will make it till then, but if thats how you choose to humor yourself, go right ahead!" This took me by complete surprise because she has said for the last few visits that we can't predict when it will be, and she didn't say anything prior that day that led me to believe anything else! After some back and forth we decided that tomorrow, Friday, will be my last day instead! I am very fortunate that I will still be able to take off until January 3, 2011! We are so excited to meet our little guy!

2 comments:

  1. Tomorrow is Tuesday so I need a call right away so I can have an update of your progress. I can't believe my Godchild will be a Mother soon.
    Love,
    Podie

    ReplyDelete