Saturday, September 25, 2010

37 weeks

I know, I know I am WAY behind. I am sorry things have been VERY busy around here! School is in full swing and I am happy to report I now only have 22 kiddos! They are very sweet and very curious about my growing belly. At first they didn't even mention it, but now they have lots of questions. One of my little boys came up to me at recess and put his little hand on my belly and then his ear and then stood back in amazement and said "there's a baby in there!" So cute. I had a dr. apt on Thursday that I left a few minutes early for, so they went to another teachers classroom. I explained I was gong to the dr. they asked if I was going to "get" my baby and I said "no, the dr. just wants to make sure he is growing big and strong." That seemed to cure their curiosity, or so I thought! The next day one of my little girls walked in looked at my still GIANT belly and asked "your baby is at your house?" :). Then I had a parent look stunned to see me at pick up that afternoon as she explained, "O, he said you had your baby yesterday at school." Awww 5 year olds they are so funny!
At last weeks appointment (35 weeks) Dr. Bradford checked me at I was 1 centimeter dilated, 50% effaced and she said he was measuring at about 6 pounds! At my appointment on Thursday (36 weeks) I was still 1 centimeter, 75% effaced and he had officially "dropped" let the waddling commence! She hooked me up to the monitor and watched his heartbeat and my contractions. I actually didn't realize I was having contractions, because they really just felt like he was moving and balling up. She said everything looked great and that if he was still measuring big at my 37 week appointment (Tuesday) that she would do an ultrasound.

I have been feeling good for the most part, just tired after some loooong days at school. However I am officially done planning for my maternity leave all the way up to the week I get back (after Christmas vacation). Carson is enrolled in preschool, after much deliberation we decided on a school very close to our home, it was clean, comfortable, the staff was sweet and professional and it will be very convenient for both Ben and I. The car seat is installed, our bags are packed, and there is a list of "don't forgets" taped to the exits :). Last but not least was my baby shower at school, which was wonderful. I am so lucky to work with such amazing and caring people. They got us all the accessories for our stroller, diaper pail, car organizer, newborn lounger, books (including a Dallas Cowboys book complete with a pic of new stadium, Ben was excited ;) and a hotsling baby carrier. As well as some personal gifts including adorable personalized burp cloths in cowboy and ranger colors, a handmade quilt, cute clothes and some toiletries!

I think the best part of the last few weeks is how much time Ben and I have been spending together, I know that is so sappy but it is so weird that we don't have much longer as just the two of us and that soon our lives will be forever changed! It has helped me remember how much I love him and so glad we are starting a family, he is going to be such an amazing dad!

As you can tell I was not kidding we really have been busy! We are now just playing the waiting game, we know that he will come when he is ready and we are so excited! I promise to try to not let it go so long before the next post!

Baby Development This Week: He is a little over 19 inches long and should weigh around 6 1/3 pounds, the size of swiss chard, however he is probably bigger! He is now considered full term and should be just fine if he was born!













Baby Shower at school, how cute is his banner, the very talented PE teacher made it, she even stitched the baseballs on the ends! (36 weeks)














Mmmm cake, real and diaper ;) made by the talented Jennifer, she also made the burp cloths!


























37 weeks

1 comment:

  1. Wow that was an amazing shower!!! Those burp cloths are Awesome.I am getting so excited and cannot WAIT for the big day.

    Love you
    See ya soon
    MOM

    ReplyDelete