Sunday, August 29, 2010

33 Weeks

School is officially in session, and I have 26 little ones in my classroom to prove it! It was a good thing that it was only a 4 day week, because come Friday I was VERY tired! It is always so fun to start a new year and meet all the new kiddos, I have some really sweet ones this year! I am so lucky to work with such wonderful people, they have all been so helpful! Hopefully they don't mind putting up with me a little while longer, as I stand out in the hall and try to wave someone down to run to the little girls room :) Someone asked me on Friday "How much longer" and I casually said 7 weeks. Then I thought about it a minute and I really can't believe that there is only 7 more weeks!

We have pretty much been taking it easy these days, as most of our projects are completed, thank goodness. I feel like we have almost everything we need although I still have a short list including PJ pants for me (that fit) for the hospital, baby monitor, and a few other minor things. I went ahead and bought a book that I wanted last week called "Baby 411" and I have really enjoyed it! That's right I am actually reading! It is pretty easy to read and has a lot of good factual information. I have started going to the dr. every 2 weeks now. At my last visit it was pretty uneventful just the usual and she reminded me to make sure the car seat was installed properly so I took the opportunity this weekend to completely clean out my car, which was long overdue. I have also scheduled to have my leaky trunk fixed so the stroller won't get ruined when it rains! She has not mentioned when I will have what I think is my last blood test (maybe she forgot!) I go to the dr. again this Thursday and I will probably go solo, although Ben is here this week he will be about an hour in the wrong direction from the office.

Baby Development This Week: He is over 17 inches long and weighs over 4 pounds, about the size of a pineapple. His skeleton is hardening and he is continuing to fill out and losing that "alien" look. He has been head down for the last few weeks and Dr. Bradford said he will probably stay that way. He is favoring my right side and his little bottom is right in my ribcage and I am reminded of that every time I sit down :)














Just For Laughs: This is my first funny "kindergarten" story for this school year; I had a new student who came in the middle of the week. While I was working with a student on the other side of the room he said "teacher, teacher, come here I need to tell you something!" I asked him to wait just a minute while I finished with the other student and I would be right there and he responded with "But, I really need to SH**!" My face turned a new shade of red that morning! It was very hard not to bust out laughing, poor guy he really had no idea that was a bad word! O the things kids say!

33 Weeks and 2 Days

2 comments:

  1. I would've just busted out laughing if I heard that little boy say that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your story was the biggest hit at the pool party the other day. Wow ir really is hard to believe seven weeks. Can not wait.

    Love Mom

    ReplyDelete