It is sooooooooooooo hot here. Everyday for last few weeks it has been over 100 :( that makes it miserable to have to do anything involving the outdoors, even shopping :(. Dr. Bradford has mentioned the last two visits how worried she is about the heat and keeps reminding me to take it easy, not to get too hot and drink LOTS of water. My mom was able to come with me to my 30 week appointment where we discussed "pain management" she wanted to make sure there would be some! We have decided that I will get an epidural, and she told me that there is no magic number and when I tell them that I am ready they will go ahead. We got to hear his heartbeat which is always neat! There was also some good news with this visit. Originally I thought that I was going to have to use some of my time off for these last dr. visits since school is starting and their hours are limited. However, Dr. Bradford advised me to take the last appointment of the day (3:30) and that she would see me as soon as I could get there, which will be closer to 4 or so! This is great and will allow me to use those days off after he is here! I am so grateful for such an amazing dr., she has been so wonderful!
My mom headed home the day after my appointment which was not so fun and involved LOTS of tears on my part. It never gets any easier when she leaves, I think it is actually harder now that I am preggo. I miss her so much and we are very grateful for EVERYTHING she has done for us and Carson. It was so nice to have someone to keep me motivated and cook and help clean, o and of course a shopping partner! I REALLY think that they should move to Texas!
My shower was wonderful, it was so fun to have everyone here! Both grandmas, sister-in-law, soon to be sister-in-law, and great friends. It was a pickles and ice cream theme, complete with an ice cream bar, mmmmm ice cream! (This might be why the dr. didn't mention my weight this last appointment ;)
Ben and I spent Saturday morning at our breastfeeding class. It wasn't so bad and we got some good information. We spent the rest of the weekend relaxing, watching movies and of course mowing and laundry. Tomorrow teachers start back and summer is officially over :( I am excited to meet my new kiddos next week, but sad summer is over.
Baby Development This Week: He is over 16 inches long and weighs about 3.3 pounds, about 4 navel oranges. He can turn his head from side too side and is beginning to plump out. He is moving more and more everyday, and getting ready for a growth spurt!
His new bag complete with his name :) from Jennifer and Heather
It is oh so very hard leaving, but so exciting knowing that I will be back in two months to meet a very special grandson!This time will go by so quickly, and then so slowly.Love the Pictures!
ReplyDeleteMom
Thanks for posting the pictures. Looks like you had a fun shower :)
ReplyDeleteI know that the heat has been really bad. I hate to go outside so I know it must be really hard on you. looks like you had a "cool" time at your party
ReplyDelete