Sunday, May 9, 2010

17 weeks

I know I know I missed yet another week, but remember I said I would try ;). I am happy to report that I am feeling much better. I am very thankful because we have been very busy! I had a wonderful birthday weekend. We went out to eat with friends and Dono on Friday night, and then I was kicked out of the house for the rest of the weekend. The guys worked all weekend (almost, there was a well deserved golf break) painting our kitchen cabinets, it was very stinky but they turned out great! Meanwhile I got a prenatal massage which was wonderful and maybe a little addicting :) Then Jennifer, Lexi and I spent the weekend shopping which wasn't too bad! We were even able to pick up our new entertainment center. Our house is still a wreck, kitchen items are in all rooms which has made cooking a little like a scavenger hunt. Our goal is to get it back in shape this week!

On the pregnancy front I have been having a few cravings, including pancakes, crab rangoons, popsicles, cheerios mixed with honey bunches of oats, salad with thousand island dressing, and pepperoni pizza from Mama's. I have also been having crazy dreams one of which involved Skyline Chili where I would NOT stop talking about the cheese and Frisch's where I wanted a small fish sandwich well done just like grandma! Needless to say I craved both restaurants for almost a whole week, unfortunately there are none around here :(. Another dream I had involved Ben taking the baby golfing and propping it up on the golf bag because he refused to take the stroller. Sleeping has been becoming more difficult although I am very tired I just can't seem to get comfortable. Ben says I kick a lot and even told him "NO SHARE" when he tried to use a corner of the comforter I cocooned myself in :) oops sorry honey.

This past week was teacher appreciation week and we got to wear jeans all week, sounds great right, well when you only have 3 pairs of stretchy jeans it just means mid week laundry arrgh. I might have worn a pair twice shhhh don't tell! We have 4 weeks left WOO HOO and only 2 weeks until we find out the sex! This will be a short week for me at school because one of my other birthday presents was from the government, Jury Duty, I have never had it before and the only thing I am worried about is if I were to be picked and not be able to go to the 19 week appointment to find out the sex..... uhhh sorry city of Fort Worth I have WAY more important things to do ;)

Baby Development This Week: Baby is the size of a turnip, 5 inches long and 5 ounces. The skeleton is turning into hard bone, and the umbilical cord is growing stronger and thicker. Baby is moving around and I can't wait until I can feel it!















17 Weeks


















Our newly painted cabinets :) (excuse the mess!)












Our new entertainment center that our TV actually fits in! (again excuse the mess)

4 comments:

  1. I LOVE the baby bump picture! Keep 'em coming!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah we finnaly got pictures and our apple has grown into a turnip?Please do noe skip next week because the turnip is not working for me.
    The kitchen is AMAZING!!!

    Love Ya
    Miss Ya
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. You and the cabinets look great. Please keep the pictures coming and I can't wait for you to see the sonogram of your little girl. Love,
    Aunt Podie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yaaay, I love the cabinets and the new entertainment center! We need to get those walls painted so they will look even better!

    PS I almost always wear my jeans twice before I wash them... :)

    ReplyDelete