Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Tonight...

I rocked you a little slower, squeezed you a little tighter, hugged you a little more, and told you how much I loved you a few hundred times. Tonight marks the end of summer, and tomorrow we will both return to school. I have fought back my tears all week and they all came out tonight as I laid you down to sleep. As a tear rolled onto your forehead, you turned and gave me the biggest smile. I love you so much, and it pains me to go back to work. I am basket of emotions from upset to hatred, no matter what you come first and I love you so much.
xoxo
Mommy

3 comments:

  1. Oh Amity, how I understand. Love ya!
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so hard not to be independently wealthy. I feel your pain, sweetheart. I'd want to be with Carson every minute of every day. It will be okay, really. If not, things will work out. One way or the other. But Carson will be surrounded by your love and the love of many.
    Love abundantly,
    Grams

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Amity you are a wonderful Mother and yes Carson always comes first. It will get better as times goes on. Love ya!!

    ReplyDelete