Our trip to Missouri was nothing short of eventful! Carson is normally wonderful in the car and is content to play, look out the window and listen to music, but NOT on the way to Missouri! I realized the next day that he was cutting his second tooth. This would be the reason he was fussy, or should I say SCREAMING, for the majority of the trip. I was prepared to make lots of stops and took lots of toys, snacks and a picnic blanket for some play time in the sun. He did not want ANY of them and my backseat looked like a war zone since he was chunking toys at the opposite window. The only thing that would settle him was if Mommy held him! As soon as I would pull over and open the door he would smile really big and giggle like "O hey mom wanna play with me?!" Little stinker, so needless to say I made A LOT of stops and the 8 hour trip turned into 10, 7 of which he spent upset!
The way home was MUCH better! We bought a DVD player to play Baby Einstein and collected some "toys" to put in my bag of tricks. Some of his favorites included a spoon, strainer, singing puppy and a gift card, hey he was HAPPY so all was well! We had a combined total of about 15 minutes of fussiness, which was usually in 5 min spurts right before he fell asleep, and this was fussy NOT screaming!
It was all worth it because we had a GREAT time in Missouri and now we know the secret, Baby Einstein :)
We Were just glad you made it.
ReplyDeleteLove Maggie GiGi & Pa Pa Paul