Our nightly routine has always been; bath, jammies, (then feeding Emma as of lately) nursing (where you would run to our spot and pat it and wait for me :), story, rock for a few minutes, and then lights out. That was until tonight. Tonight you didn't nurse before you went to bed. For a few days now you only nursed on one side (you have always been a 2 sider) then last night you nursed for less that 2 minutes and tonight, well tonight you didn't nurse at all. We got a bath a little latter than usual because we were downtown having dinner with Nick and Jennifer. We got home around 7:15 and quickly got you in the tub then got your jammies on and you ran to feed Emma. You started to look for daddy, so we went and got him from the porch. You started reading your story with him and after 1 page decided you wanted down you came to me and I put you in my lap, sure that we would want to nurse. You quickly decided you wanted down and headed for the kitchen, first you asked for water, then you headed to the pantry but I told you that we weren't having any food and asked if you wanted your water and you told me "No," and pointed to the fridge. I asked you if you would like milk and you nodded with a big smile. I poured you a glass of milk into your big boy Elmo cup and you sat down at the table and drank it. When you finished you put your cup in the sink and we read your story. You gave daddy kisses goodnight and we rocked for a few minutes and you layed down and we didn't hear a peep! Maybe it was all the shopping this afternoon, maybe it was the excitement of house guests, maybe it was just late and you were tired or maybe just maybe you are growing up and don't need to nurse anymore. As I write the words tears are falling, I can't believe that you are growing up so much! I am so grateful to have been able to nurse you for this long and my goal was always for you to self wean. I will find new ways to soothe you back to sleep when you are sick or hurt and we will have a new nightly routine, but Carson you will always be my baby boy and I love you so much and I am so proud to be your mommy!
Monday, March 26, 2012
Could it be?
We have been so lucky to have daddy home all week and you have loved every minute of it especially your night time story! This week has been "The Very hungry Caterpillar" your favorite part is the end when the caterpillar turns into a beautiful butterfly!
Our nightly routine has always been; bath, jammies, (then feeding Emma as of lately) nursing (where you would run to our spot and pat it and wait for me :), story, rock for a few minutes, and then lights out. That was until tonight. Tonight you didn't nurse before you went to bed. For a few days now you only nursed on one side (you have always been a 2 sider) then last night you nursed for less that 2 minutes and tonight, well tonight you didn't nurse at all. We got a bath a little latter than usual because we were downtown having dinner with Nick and Jennifer. We got home around 7:15 and quickly got you in the tub then got your jammies on and you ran to feed Emma. You started to look for daddy, so we went and got him from the porch. You started reading your story with him and after 1 page decided you wanted down you came to me and I put you in my lap, sure that we would want to nurse. You quickly decided you wanted down and headed for the kitchen, first you asked for water, then you headed to the pantry but I told you that we weren't having any food and asked if you wanted your water and you told me "No," and pointed to the fridge. I asked you if you would like milk and you nodded with a big smile. I poured you a glass of milk into your big boy Elmo cup and you sat down at the table and drank it. When you finished you put your cup in the sink and we read your story. You gave daddy kisses goodnight and we rocked for a few minutes and you layed down and we didn't hear a peep! Maybe it was all the shopping this afternoon, maybe it was the excitement of house guests, maybe it was just late and you were tired or maybe just maybe you are growing up and don't need to nurse anymore. As I write the words tears are falling, I can't believe that you are growing up so much! I am so grateful to have been able to nurse you for this long and my goal was always for you to self wean. I will find new ways to soothe you back to sleep when you are sick or hurt and we will have a new nightly routine, but Carson you will always be my baby boy and I love you so much and I am so proud to be your mommy!
Our nightly routine has always been; bath, jammies, (then feeding Emma as of lately) nursing (where you would run to our spot and pat it and wait for me :), story, rock for a few minutes, and then lights out. That was until tonight. Tonight you didn't nurse before you went to bed. For a few days now you only nursed on one side (you have always been a 2 sider) then last night you nursed for less that 2 minutes and tonight, well tonight you didn't nurse at all. We got a bath a little latter than usual because we were downtown having dinner with Nick and Jennifer. We got home around 7:15 and quickly got you in the tub then got your jammies on and you ran to feed Emma. You started to look for daddy, so we went and got him from the porch. You started reading your story with him and after 1 page decided you wanted down you came to me and I put you in my lap, sure that we would want to nurse. You quickly decided you wanted down and headed for the kitchen, first you asked for water, then you headed to the pantry but I told you that we weren't having any food and asked if you wanted your water and you told me "No," and pointed to the fridge. I asked you if you would like milk and you nodded with a big smile. I poured you a glass of milk into your big boy Elmo cup and you sat down at the table and drank it. When you finished you put your cup in the sink and we read your story. You gave daddy kisses goodnight and we rocked for a few minutes and you layed down and we didn't hear a peep! Maybe it was all the shopping this afternoon, maybe it was the excitement of house guests, maybe it was just late and you were tired or maybe just maybe you are growing up and don't need to nurse anymore. As I write the words tears are falling, I can't believe that you are growing up so much! I am so grateful to have been able to nurse you for this long and my goal was always for you to self wean. I will find new ways to soothe you back to sleep when you are sick or hurt and we will have a new nightly routine, but Carson you will always be my baby boy and I love you so much and I am so proud to be your mommy!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment