Sunday, January 22, 2012

15 Months

15 months seems SO old. You are becoming more of a little boy and less of a baby, which is very hard for mommy to come to terms with. You are a very busy little boy and love to play. We are very fortunate in that you are very good at playing by yourself too. You love to eat and are a carb lover like your mommy and daddy. You still love bananas and get almost one a day. Yogurt is also a staple and if I want to introduce a new fruit I usually mix it in yogurt first HA one day you might catch on to my trick. We gave up your morning nursing session during the Christmas break, so you are only nursing right before bed. Originally I said that we were going to stop at a year and I feel so blessed that were able to go for that long, but a year has come and gone and it just didn't seem right yet. I know that together we will figure out the right time for us to stop. I know that it is coming and I am treasuring every moment because it is one of the last bits of "baby." You just got over a week of being sick with pneumonia and RSV which was no fun but at least there was A LOT of snuggling which is rare these days as you are always so busy. You love to dance and the attention that comes with it. The other night as we were leaving a restaurant you stopped dead in your tracks because you heard music and just started dancing. Your daddy and I could not stop laughing :) You are not currently going to daycare, we are exploring an option that we are hoping works out. Another teacher at school who is expecting her first in a few weeks has been kind enough to let us have her mom watch you during the day. Hopefully you are not too big of a turd bucket and she will be able to watch you and the baby. She does not speak English but you have really taken to her and within only a week she has spolied you rotten :) You sign for; more, please and pretty please which is two hands ;), eat, all done and bath. We haven't introduced any new signs in a while but might start you do pretty well getting your point across. As far as words go you will say; mama, da, dada, pup, kitty, tant ew (thank you) na na (Gigi taught you nonny, nonny, bo, bo) saw (sock),nana (banana) NO (a favorite) now (nose), uh oh, ba (ball), boo (book) and I think there are a few others. You know where your belly, nose, hair and ears are. You are very good at following directions and like routines, everyday when we come home we take your shoes and socks off and I don't even have to tell you to put them in your hamper. Other facts; you have 4 top teeth and 3 bottom, you haven't had a tooth break through since around your birthday and you have FAT feet and we have to buy wide shoes, no converse for you ;) just like daddy. We love you so much and are so proud of the little boy you are becoming!

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry you were so ill last week. Gram was too...a bug that I couldn't shake for 3 days. Sounds like your new 'nanny' is taking good care of you. I did a baptism today and really miss your blue eyes and smile. I wish I lived closer!
    Love,
    Gram

    ReplyDelete